Pages

Sunday

Fifty Shades of Gray....CCG #230

{ Color Combos Galore: Challenge #230 }
{ Sketchbook365: February Challenge }
{ Get Sketchy: Challenge #MFT109 }
{ CASE Study: Challenge #126 }


Hello Blogland! Long time no see. For the past six months or so, can't even remember, I have lived life sans internet and tv. WOW! That was CRAZY. Now that I am back online, I am going straight to the challenges at CCG. Oh boy, have I MISSED these Color Combos. I still have a LOT of catching up to do, but the first challenge is up

So, with much time to think, I thought of different ways to approach our Color and Inspiration Boards. Seems like I am always trying to come up with something different. I have to. Gotta keep CCG apart from the rest. Soooooo, here it is. Not one, but FOUR Inspiration Photos and and FOUR Designer's Challenges to choose from. I am also listing 16 different Inspiration Prompts to jump start the challenge for you. Do you know of any color challenge sites that have that option? Bring on the inspiration, baby!!!


Here are the projects I made for it. A digital page based on this sketch...


Feburary 2013 Sketch Challenge @ Scrap365


So this was my translation: I kept the photo strip and 5th photo placement. The top rounded corner is my blank space created by the chevron I traced and cut from the pattern. The embellished area on the right was moved up and the title area on the left is where I placed the Bingo card, flair and twine, plus moved the title slightly to the right. The lower left blank space turned into the word art area and I just realized I omitted the scallop edge from the photo strip. But even with those changes, I think it compares to the sketch nicely? Or is that just my biased opinion? Well, I'm happy.



I chose to use Inspiration Photo #1 and chose a "LOVE" word art. I also added a tiny banner taken from both Inspiration Photos #2 and #3.

Supplies: You can find all the digital FREEBIES that I used HERE. There are some that are no longer available, so I did not link them. I will credit them when I link up all the create the full supply list for my projects.

Ok, so next is the card... On here I played with the My Favorite Things Get Sketchy card sketch. Yummo!!!!



I wasn't sure which way I was going to lay the sketch. Then once I went through all my dies, I pulled out the Layered Label die and decided to flip the sketch. For the Color Combo Challenge, I chose to use Inspiration Photo #1 again and used the My Mind's Eye paper with the "LOVE" word art. I also grabbed the tiny heart Photo #1.



Here is another card...




Super fun using that Layered Heart Border die! So pretty. I took the FOCUS ON: Technique Designer's Challenge from Inspiration Photo #4 and tried my hand at double stamping. First I stamped with the light gray, then restamped slightly higher with the rose ink. It was fun to try this!


Thanks so much for visiting me today, I will be back to add my supply list and links to the freebies I used on my digital page. Hope your day is beautiful!

Happy Scrappin'!!!!
xoxo


stamps, dies & inks:

Share On:

11 comments:

scrapping4me said... [Reply]

So great to see you back Janet!! Your page and cards look great with the colour combo! Will visit CCG and check out the new challenge! Yippeee!

Clare said... [Reply]

Fabulous creations! I love them all! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Jill Norwood said... [Reply]

Fantastic creations! Love how you used the inspiration!

Andrea Ewen said... [Reply]

Wow, all of your designs are very inspiring, Janet! The layout is beautiful...love the negative letters effect at the bottom and the cards are adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Therese said... [Reply]

What a lovely card! Congrats on your Top 3 Win!!!

Riikka Kovasin said... [Reply]

Charming layout and sweet cards! Love the doilies in the layout :)

Kelly said... [Reply]

Gorgeous, Janet...You're so good at this, it's good to have you back :)

Sian said... [Reply]

What a beautifully soft and pretty interpretation of the 365 sketch. Just the kind of page to make me say "oooh!"

FiKenward said... [Reply]

Beautiful card Janet, love how you have used the hearts die on this one.

Ifa said... [Reply]

Love your interpretation of the 365 sketch. Thank you for joining us.

Morag Cutts said... [Reply]

Stunning layout. I adore those photos! TFS!