Pages

Wednesday

Hi! Hello How Are You? - Studio Calico

Hi there! Thanks so much for coming by, I know it's been ages since hearing from me, and I apologize for such silence. There were areas in my life that really needed my attention and focus. All the while, my mojo was gnawing at me, especially in the past few weeks. So I decided to scratch that itch, have some fun, and create. Here is my "Hi! Hello How Are You" spring-inspired card created for the Studio Calico Sunday Sketch:


Studio Calico "Sugar Rush" Card Kit.

Seeing this sketch, I was a bit intimidated by the block design -- so it was quite a challenge.

Sketch Variations
- Border strips: I mitered the corners
- Banner element: Lowered banner placement to bottom edge
- Two Blocks: Created a "canopy" and merged with sentiment


Tina Aszmus had a super fun tutorial for the Studio Calico Weekly Challenge last week. It was to digitally "ink" the digital stamps with digital brushes. How cool and clever! I haven't tried the watercolor technique and this was perfect without having to getting messy. I made two designs, one brushed and one watercolor effect:


Colors are always off when I print, but once I stamped the kite image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink over the watercolor design, WOW, it came out so pretty! I punched out a scallop out of the brushed design and drew in semi circles on the edges to balance out all the black. The banner strip was cut from the Fancy Pants paper using the Papertrey Ink Double-Ended Banners Die.


To create the kite strings, I ran the Papertrey Ink In the Meadow Die leaving a 1/8th inch border for each cut. The little girl was colored in with Prismacolor pencils #929 and #965.



I truly love how this block designed card turned out. Glad I took the challenge!!

Thanks again for stopping by...... Hope you have a wonderful week!

Happy Scrappin'!!!!
xoxo



(See below for all challenge and product links to this post)


challenge entries:
Studio Calico - Sunday Sketch (03/02)
Studio Calico - Weekly Challenge (02/24)
scrapbook.com - Spring Themed Card and Tag Challenge

Project List:
{ Hi! Hello How Are You } Card :

Kit: Studio Calico - Sugar Rush (February 2014 Card Kit) -- SOLD OUT

  • Cardstock: Hero Arts (Daffodil); Neenah Paper (Solar White)
  • Patterned Paper: October Afternoon (Dish); Fancy Pants (Love Letter); Allison Pennington
  • Studio Calico Exclusives: Wood Veneer Buttons, 4x6 Stamp Set

Other:
  • Punches: Scallop Punch (EK Success); Scallop Border Punch (Fiskars)

stamps, dies & inks:

toolbox:
Share On:

No comments: